[argyllcms] Re: Making a composite profile, combining ti3 & colprof -r question

  • From: Derin Korman <derin.korman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 13:58:38 +0100

Hello,

>> What I was trying to
>> overcome is channels crossing over each other near highlight/shadows and
>> causing casts/noise

>Is this CMYK or and "RGB" print path ?

This is a drum scanner coming in with RGB, going to an rgb working
profile such as AdobeRGB before printed, channel crossing visible in
rgb working space.

>>The high delta E hints that the process (i.e. print stability, printing
>>process or measurement process) is not entirely stable.

I meant that if I take A.ti3 and make a profile, it will give 1 delta
E, B.ti will give 1 delta E also on it's own, but once I combine the
ti3s it gives a delta E of 2-3. (symbolic values) Is this because of
the change of standard deviations? They are the same ti3 files, so
there is no changes in the process or input values to colprof

thanks a whole bunch,

*~d*