[argyllcms] Mac Lion Spotread Error + LED torch plots

  • From: Idea Digital Imaging <qcore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 01:04:57 +0100

I tried to get some ambient light measurements with an i1 on my MacBook Pro using both 1.3.6 and 1.3.5 and have run into problems.

The data from the i1 is captured and a chart produced, but then I get this instead of the results:

spotread[266] <Error>: kCGErrorInvalidConnection: CGSGetWindowTags: Invalid connection spotread[266] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.

This never happened when using the MacBook Pro before, but I can't recall having used spotread since installing Lion. Argyll 1.3.5 definitely worked as expected in OS 10.6.

I reverted to a desktop Mac running 10.6.8 because I wanted to take some readings from some high powered LED torches that I've got in the studio at the moment -- an LED Lenser X21R (7x LED & claimed 1600 lumens) and a Fenix TK70 (3x LED & claimed 2200 lumens).

Not a scientific test, but the results may be of interest to anybody who's thinking of purchasing one of these bright beasts.

Readings taken at 5m distance, centre of the focused beam, with a Rev D i1 Pro with ambient light cap fitted:

GIF image

GIF image

GIF image

GIF image