[argyllcms] Re: MENNON TCCR-M 24-Color Test Chart for Color Rendition

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 12:41:48 -0700

On Mar 5, 2013, at 12:24 PM, Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> http://dx.com/p/mennon-tccr-m-24-color-test-chart-for-color-rendition-175352

I have no experience with one -- and, indeed, had no clue that they existed
before you posted.

However, your local paint store can (probably) match all the patches on the
standard ColorChecker to within the same accuracy as the reported variation
from batch to batch. Assuming the paint store will sell you pint-sized samples,
you can get enough paint for a lifetime's supply of ColorCheckers for every
photographer in your city for as much as a single ColorChecker costs. If they
only sell paint by the gallon, though...well, the per-checker cost goes down,
but the initial capital investment goes through the roof.

In the not-too-distant future I'll be making some super-miniature ColorCheckers
for extreme macro work, including one a mere 4mm x 6mm. I'm not quite sure yet
how I'll apply the paint....

Cheers,

b&