[argyllcms] Luminosity measurements with i1 Pro

  • From: "Andreas Mock" <andreas.mock@xxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 09:00:44 +0100

Hi all,

I got the chance to get a hands on on a i1 Pro (rev E) to play around
with argyllcms as backend (1.8.3 64bit) of dispcalgui (3.0.5, 64bit).
(Windows 8.1 64bit)

I tried a monitor (LCD) calibration and chose a target of 140 cd/m2.

I was really suprised to see that the measurments shown where around
12 cd/m2, full lit around 30cd/m2. That can't be right IMHO.

So, my question: Can anyone give some hints to find the problem?
Is it the driver (I installed and chose the argyll driver)?
Is it the measurement device? Is there a way to get a plausibility check
of the device. As far as I understood it the device just self calibrates
against the corresponding white tile.
When it is illuminating this tile does it also get a reference luminance
measurement? Is there a way to calibrate the luminance measurement
assuming the device is working correctly?

I would really appreciate any hints for that.

By the way: I read in the documentation that this device should be
capable to measure ambient light. How is it done with argyllcms?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards
Andreas