[argyllcms] Low ink limit & gamut mapping problem

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 22:19:08 +0400

Hello all!

I have an inkjet printer with pigment inks. My aim is the printing on plain
paper with the determined ink limit of 200 percent.
The problem is in resulting print gamut: the gamut have three cavities on his
low sides, so the Argyll gamut mapping algorithm warps the highly saturated
gradients.
Please, take a look at my *.ti3 attached. Wile both perceptual or relative
mappings, the dark saturated areas gradients are highly jugged, right up to
inversion of lightness on gradients.
I have try the different black generations: "-kp 0 0.14 1 1 1.29 -l200 -L100"
and "-kx -l200 -L100", but the gamut problem, of course, still persist. I've
try the different profile quality settings - even "-qu", but while -qu mode the
bands on gradients are more narrow but still unacceptable.