[argyllcms] Location of profiles on Linux

  • From: "David H. Vree" <david.h.vree@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 22:14:06 -0500

First let me say that I am new to ArgyllCMS, but am absolutely blown away with the depth and completeness of this package. Thanks to all who have contributed.

I have just completed profiling a couple of monitors I have and am looking to put the icc profiles somewhere and make it so they will automatically load upon boot (if possible). After reading the Argyll documentation and the subsequent link to the UCMM standard I would think the profiles would go into the directory "/usr/local/share/color/icc/devices/display/". Is this correct? This directly does not exist on my machine (Ubuntu 8.10), but I can easily make it. But should I also copy the profiles to it myself? The documentation for dispwin discusses the "-I" option for installing the profile. What does "installing" mean in this context? Does it copy the profiles to this directory (or to another directory)?

I also noticed that the UCMM standard discussed subdirectories which hold multiple profile definitions mapped to different monitors. How do these get set up? My Ubuntu machine is a laptop and I am often connecting to different monitors at work and home that I have profiled...how can I ensure the proper one gets loaded?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but I am new to all this and can't seem to find the answers via web searching!

Thanks,
Dave