[argyllcms] Re: Loading LUT after switching to console and back.

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 11:16:36 +1100

Kurt Roeckx wrote:

It did write an EDID property in ~/.config/color.jcnf

That's not what I was talking about. The X server/video driver
should recognise any plugged in monitor via the DDC connection,
read the EDID from the monitor, and create the matching EDID property
in the X server. It's this that is used to locate a matching
profile containing calibration when dispwin is run in daemon
mode. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work reliably with all
the different X drivers out there, although it worked OK with
my Intel graphics card.

You need to setup the appropriate command in a startup script.
I'm told that ~/.config/autostart is a good place to put
dispwin -L, so that your window manager executes it each
time it starts.

That's good for when X is started, and that works.  But that does
not get run if you keep X running and just switch to the console.

Sounds like a bug in whatever software switches to the console and back.
If it changes the VideoLUTs, it should restore them when changing
back. The best thing would be to report it, and get it fixed.