[argyllcms] Re: Linearisation

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 10:54:49 +1000

Dimitrije Zivkovic wrote:

> If I, for example, make targen like this:
>
> targen -v -d4 -s50 -f850 -l230 -G -t Test
>
> Does the linearisation curves will be included in profile?

Hi,
        the step wedge patches will be used in making the profile,
but there will be no calibration/linearisation curves. Calibration
really should be applied in series with profiling, so means calibrating
as a separate step.

> Or I have to make separately single chanel steps, and and make .cal,  then
> patches for profile?

Yes. This is the most accurate and effective way of doing it. I haven't
attempted to create tools that will fudge calibration and profiling in
one step, since this compromises the result (dispcal being the only
exception, and the resulting profile is quick and simple rather than
accurate).

> Does the -t  (Incremental far point) is better or without -t?

For 4 or less channels, it is better to use the default (ie. not -t).