[argyllcms] Licensing

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 10:37:56 -0400

Hi Graeme,

I'm in the midst of developing  a (humble) color web site of my own
(www.graxx.ca). It's only in French for now as I endeavour to create its
content.

Would it violate your license if, say, icclu or other utilities would be
called behind the scene, on a web server, to do some kind of color
conversion, on behalf of a user visiting my web site? I'm thinking of
Florian's excellent python GUI for dispcal but, possibly, in a web page.

If this turns out impossible technically, because of security issues and
other limitations, would you allow for the distribution of some of your
utilities off my web site? I'm thinking about, perhaps, to write some simple
software in some language that would call your utilities in the background,
to carry color conversions, my like Florian's. I would prefer for the user
to have all the software on one place so that I can hard code relative path
locations to your executables in my code.

Thank's / Roger