[argyllcms] Re: LibUSB

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 14:00:02 -0400

I don't suppose there is a known, "easy way" to alternate between X-Rite's
libraries and Argyll's libraries without having to dig into the deep recess
of Windows's drivers every time?

I confess being very happy with Argyll's leading-edge capabilities, but
every now and then I need to escape out of libUSB, for reasons of
compatibility with non-Argyll's CMS applications. And then, it's a riot. I
remember a point where I just could not plugged an i1 into this PC without
it being for ever linked with Argyll's libUSB.
No amount of Computer >Manage > Device > ... to switch the driver around
from X-Rite's or Argyll's would ever work :(

I'd wish there was a small utility that would allow probing the state of
drivers related to the i1 family, showing the current active driver
publisher, corresponding filename, etc,, and have a button to friendly
switch the driver around to libUSB. And back. Is such a driver not possible
to program? I remember Graeme explaining once that it couldn't be done :(

Best / Roger