[argyllcms] Re: LUT versus XYZ monitor profile

  • From: Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 10:58:41 +0100

Alexander wrote:
That reminds me, Graeme, how would you feel about coding/releasing a
standalone tool which can add/remove/import tags to/from ICC profiles

Graeme Gill wrote:
I got the impression that Kai-Uwe had created such a tool (ICC Examin),
but maybe it can't edit. I'm afraid I used another much older tool
that I have lying around (PfSnoop.exe from Kodak) to delete the tags, or
sometimes I modify icc/iccrw.c to do a specific task.

I've certainly thought about creating such a tool, but it is
rather tedious, and I think I have far too much on my plate
to contemplate this in the near future.

I use the command line tool "sips" included in Mac OS X as swiss army knife for tasks like this.

Klaus