[argyllcms] Re: Kodak Graycard spectral file

  • From: Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 19:37:51 +0100

Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Does anybody have a spectral (.sp) file of a Kodak Graycard?

I'd like to see it for comparison purposes... I just spotread two
cheaper "graycards" I had lying about...

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn

Here is a plot containing your graycards and some other gray reference data I have handy: a really old Graycard from Kodak (if I remember correctly) and a DGC-100 Graycard from Robin Myers (both measured with my eye-one pro and argyll 1.1 RC4 in highres mode), one patch of a Kodak/Tiffen Q13 Grayscale (averaged Spectrolino measurements), a Neutral patch from ColorChecker SG (Xrite PM Reference file) and a Neutral Munsell 4.75 Chip (measured with a Perkin-Elmer Lambda 18 (SPEX) with 1nm resolution).

Needles to say that the micnova graycard is crap while the dealextreme-graycard looks pretty good.

I guess one should take the eye-one / argyll 1.1 RC4 highres readings for λ > 740 with a pinch of salt: the steep fall-off at the red end of the spectrum seems not plausible to me.

Klaus