[argyllcms] Re: Instrument maintenance

  • From: Fabrizio Levati <fabrizio.levati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 18:22:24 +0200

Hi Marco,
all the EyeOne Pro come with a Certificate of Performance where a so called
"Next Calibration Due Date" is specified. If your instrument was used when you
bought it and you don't have this certificate, the general rule is that a new
instrument is intended for recertification after two years and from that moment
on every year a certification is needed.
This is according to XRite. If really certification is needed every year to
trust the instrument measures, is something that has been discussed a lot in
the past...

I would say it depends on the use that you are thinking of for your instrument.
Anyway, after 5 years, I would go for maintenance.

Cheers
Fabrizio