[argyllcms] Re: Instrument Access Failed

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 09:35:26 -0700

On Jul 31, 2015, at 10:00 PM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

(Generally the timeout is much longer than it should be - I've seen noticeable
drift in the black of an i1pro from cold over a couple of minutes.)

Any suggestions for a good way to mitigate this? Some sort of warmup routine,
or a limit on chart size, or...?

For displays, I always use -Ibw. Maybe printtarg could add black and white
patches at strategic locations to serve a similar purpose? At least, if it
can't be adjusted on the fly, it could throw a warning....

b&