[argyllcms] Instrument Access Failed

  • From: "Lars-Daniel Weber" <Lars-Daniel.Weber@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 03:14:32 +0200

Hi there!

While running "dispcal", I'm often getting communication errors... I don't get
these when using i1match or other tools. The last 3-6 iteration steps take a
veeeery long time. Is there some kind of timeout in the driver?

Here's are the last lines:

Doing iteration 3 with 64 sample points and repeat threshold of 0.600000 DE
patch 59 of 64
Sample read failed due to communication problem.
Hit Esc or Q to give up, any other key to retry:

Sample read failed with unhandled error.
The instrument can be removed from the screen.
dispcal: Error - display read failed with 'Instrument Access Failed'

Pressing "any other key" to retry breaks immediately. There's no second change
to retry.
Also, everything up to this point is lost. I can't restart "dispcal" at the
point it stopped. That's very bad.

The device isn't disconnection itself from device-manager. When restarting
"dispcal" or any other tool, the device is still available.

Anyone with an idea? Oh yeah, I'm running Windows 7 x64.

cmd-line: dispcal -v -qm -yl -t6500 -g2.2 -p.5,.5,2 20150801
version: 1.7.0

Best regards,
Lars-Daniel