[argyllcms] Re: Installing profile has not effect

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 13:47:12 +1100

Torsten Bronger wrote:

Hi,

While I have no problems with installing ICC profiles on most of my
computers, I see absolutely no effect of "dispwin -d 1 -I <profile>"
on one computer. I switch between this profile and "dispwin -c",
but absolutely nothing happens. Not even if I select a profile file
created for a different device.

What happens if you try loading "strange.cal" from the ref directory ?
(i.e. "dispwin strange.cal")

The actual problem is: There is no error message either. How should
I proceed?

If it is not that the calibration needed for this display is close to linear,
then it would appear that there is a bug in the display driver.

You can try verifying the loaded calibration using "dispwin -V profile...".

You can try running dispwin with the -D parameter (i.e. "dispwin -D6")
and see if there are any interesting messages.