[argyllcms] Re: Inklimit not working for me in 0.52 / win32 -- suggestions?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 12:46:08 +1100

Florian Höch wrote:

Hello, I'm trying to get the total ink limit to work, but it seems always been capped at roughly 300% (perceptual intent) - black ink limit seems to work fine. My current commandline looks like this:

profile -v -D "fogra27" -qh -l 340 -L 99 -s "LStar-RGB.icc" fogra27

(I got the fogra27.ti3 by converting the fogra27l.txt - available at fogra.org - with logo2cgats)

Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

You're probably doing nothing wrong. -l sets the maximum total ink, but it's not an aim point. The actual maximum ink will depend on the device characteristics. If the nature of the device is that the darkest neutral is produces with some particular combination of inks that has a sum less than 340%, then that is what will be used. What would be the point of producing a neutral using 340% ink, if it is lighter than using less ink ?

Test patch 1268 for instance, has CMYK values 100,100,0,100,
so a sum of 300%, and it has the lowest L value 10.62

Graeme Gill