[argyllcms] Re: In the shadowlands

  • From: "Lars Tore Gustavsen" <lars.tore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 13:38:18 +0100

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Lars Tore Gustavsen wrote:
>
>> with a lut based profile. I can see all the black numbers in a not
>> color aware viewer, but with my calibration loaded. If I view the same
>> image with a perceptual rendering intent and a lut based profile it
>> looks almost fine. A matrix profile also handles this well but the
>> overall accuracy elsewhere are much porer.
>
> It's not clear to me from your description what effect a calibration curve
> is having. Normally I'd expect a calibrated display to have good graduations
> from
> black. If not, then the display is behaving in ways that can't be
> compensated for, or calibration isn't working as expected.

Thanks
When I look at the above mentioned image without my calibration loaded
in a not color aware browser I can see the numbers down to 5-4. When I
load the calibration curve, still viewing in the same viewer, I get
all numbers down to 1. When I enable relative colormetric in a color
aware viewer and with my calibration loaded I'm back to five.
Perceptual give me 2-1 on the above image.
It was wrong what I wrote about the matrix profile in my last e-mail.
The matrix profile gives me 5.

I created a collections with screenshoots, but I don't think they can
view the real truth on any other monitors than mine.
http://mulebakken.net/div/monitor-f.png

Regards
Lars Tore Gustavsen