[argyllcms] Improving the match in a screen to print comparison

  • From: Yves Gauvreau <gauvreau-yves@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 06:57:33 -0400

In the following context, mister X sees an image on a web site that he likes and decide to buy a print version of it. When the print arrives, he is disappointed because the print doesn't look the same as on his screen.

I'm sure this happens all the time and even if we have a "perfect" match or almost where the image was printed, we have no way of knowing what will be the viewing condition of everyone that could buy a print. Beside giving Mister X is money back this time, is there something one can do to reduce the probability of this kind of situation from happening?

Yves