[argyllcms] Re: Image printing software

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <profiling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 15:24:35 +0100

Hi,

On 18/06/11 15:00, adam k wrote:

Sorry, but I have another "stupid" question about Photoprint.
Will these 32-bit drivers work in Windows 64-bit and will they interfere
with my native drivers, if I decide to use another application to print?

The "drivers" used by PhotoPrint aren't drivers in the Windows sense, they don't need installing, and certainly won't mess up existing printer drivers. Gutenprint is just a library that PhotoPrint uses to create data the printer can understand.

Whether PhotoPrint works on 64-bit Windows I have no idea, since I don't have access to (or any interest in, or any time to investigate) 64-bit Windows. I daresay it'll work, it might need some coaxing, it might need some extra help finding the GTK libraries if the path structure on Win64 is different. In short, I don't know - no-one's reported success or failure as yet!

All the best
--
Alastair M. Robinson
(Author of PhotoPrint)