[argyllcms] Image dependent gamut mapping

  • From: Yves Gauvreau <gauvreau-yves@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 05:02:30 -0400

Hi,

In the scenario docs, these is this scenario about "Image dependent gamut mapping using device links" and here it is mainly focus on the destination being a printer.

Can this approach of image dependent gamut mapping be applied when the output is a monitor or maybe a colorspace like sRGB? Kind of a custom perceptual mapping for the screen. I've tried a few variants of collink arguments but I'm not satisfied of the result, the result is always to bright but I like how the out of gamut colors are spread inside sRGB here instead of being squashed at the surface when I convert my source image from ProPhoto with the image gamut to a sRGB.

Are there any suggestions to do this the "right" way to do this? Thanks.

Yves