[argyllcms] Re: Ideal camera target

  • From: Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 00:13:29 +0100

Ben Goren wrote:
On 2010 Feb 2, at 4:53 AM, Pascal de Bruijn wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how does one build a decent black trap?

For these purposes, I don't think it'll be too terribly difficult. I
was just planning on using black foamcore lined with whatever kind of
black felt or the like that I can find at the local fabric store.

Please note that many black textile dyes have pretty high IR reflectance. If your camera has no suitable IR cutoff filter, this can be a problem. You can estimate the IR reflectance with an exe-one: the reflectance curve of the fabric should not increase substantially beyond approx. 700nm.

Klaus