Yes, caveats apply. The current behavior seems as follows: - Windows: Regardless if an image has a profile embedded or not, sRGB is assumed as source space. - Mac OS X: Instead of sRGB, the monitor profile is used for untagged images (didn't test myself, but the bahavior has been reported here http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=37028) Am 08.09.2011 11:56, schrieb Becker Béla:
Yes, but be aware, that this will not make Chrome handle embedded profiles. The browser will just assume that everything is sRGB, and it will convert images to the device colourspace. This is of course a lot better than no colour management at all, especially since 99% of the web is sRGB, but Firefox is better by properly handling the remaining 1%. Check Gary Ballard's test site <http://www.gballard.net/psd/go_live_page_profile/embeddedJPEGprofiles.html> with a non-sRGB monitor to see if Chrome works for you.
-- Florian Höch