[argyllcms] Re: IT8.7 target ti2 file

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 15:22:54 +1000

Ivan Tsyba wrote:
> Where (or how) I can get IT8.7 target layout file (ti2) for using it
> in chartread for reflectance measurements?

Hi,
        what instrument were you intending to use for this (spectroscan ?) ?

chartread isn't really set up to read arbitrary foreign charts, although
you can fudge it to read anything that is a rectangular grid.

One way of creating such a .ti2 is to create a test set with the
correct number of patches (targen), and then use printtarg
with the appropriate instrument, paper size and x & y indexing
pattern to match your foreign chart layout.

You can then use the resulting .ti2 file. The expected values will
be wrong, so ideally you would edit the .ti2 (or .ti1 before using
printtarg) to fix this up.

Note though that (as they currently stand) printtarg/chartread can
only read a single array of patches, so you will have to fudge the
grey strip of the IT8.7 as a separate .ti2 and reading, and merge
the results into the .ti3 manually.