[argyllcms] Re: ICC v4

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 09:31:17 -0600

> Leonard Evens wrote:
> > Do you think you will be upgrading to support ICC v4 any time soon?

> Not soon, no. I was looking for some (corporate) sponsorship
> to complete the V4 support and release a free used licensed version
> of icclib that implements it, but such support hasn't really been
> forthcoming. I may release a GPL version at some stage in the future
> (perhaps 12 months time or so).

> Graeme Gill.

Let me explain how this arose.  There seems to be something bizarre
going on with gimp 2-4.

I  use vuescan to scan, and it embeds a profile depending on the
specified output space.  iccdump -s finds this profile without
complaint.

Now if I read that file into gimp and then write it out, even without
changing it,  and then apply iccdump -s to the result,  I get the
iccdump message about V4.   On the other hand,  if I create a file in
gimp or read one in which doesn't have an embedded profile, it doesn't
embed a profile in the output file.

I understand this is not an iccdump problem, but I have been having some
problem getting information about what gimp does.  So if anyone has any
idea of what is going on, I would appreciate hearing it.
--
Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Mathematics Department, Northwestern University