[argyllcms] ICC profile saturates image

  • From: posts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 17:20:18 +0200

Hello,

the images produced with my video camera show much too strong colours. So I thought I try producing an ICC profile with Argyll. I took an image of the IT8-target in sunlight and let Argyll do its work.

Applying the profile gave vastly better colours (thanks to Graeme!) so I was quite excited. However, I realized that, although the original image was not saturated, with the profile applied all three channels show quite some saturation.

How do I proceed to avoid the saturation? Which knobs in Argyll do I have to turn to avoid it?

Many thanks in advance for any hints.

Hermann-Josef