[argyllcms] Re: I seem to have gotten rendering intent relative colorimetric.

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 10:57:53 +1100

Leonard Evens wrote:
I guess I'm jumping the gun since I haven't actually tried to make a
print using either profile.  But when I use these two profiles to
simulate a print, either with gimp or photoprint, it makes a difference
whether I choose Perceptual or Relative Colormetric, with the latter
being better.   My profile doesn't seem to do as well as the one
provided by Epson for use under Windows.  In fact it does particularly
badly when using Perceptual.

It's hard to suggest anything when it's not clear on what you workflow
is, or on what criteria you are making these judgements. Typically
perceptual will do a better job in preserving color gradation for
images with the source profile you have set the profile up for.
If preserving color gradation is not what you are after, then this is
the wrong choice.