[argyllcms] Re: I seem to be losing the installed LUT in X or someting along those lines. Help!

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 22:36:24 +1100

Richard Hughes wrote:
The only reason Fedora ships a "sabotaged" version of argyllcms is
because it has to. We can't just ship a random collection of forked
libraries as a single package.

Richard, you know my view on this. If you're going to disable significant
functionality due to purely bureaucratic reasons, I'd be far happier
if Fedora didn't ship a copy of Argyll at all. It causes trouble for
users, and trouble for me.

[ libusb is a hopeless case - the official release hasn't even merged
the winusb changes which have been pending for over 12 months, never-mind
my libusb0.sys changes, so libusb development is basically dysfunctional
at this point. I have attempted to feed my yajl changes upstream,
but I've had no response.]