[argyllcms] I seem to be losing the installed LUT in X or someting along those lines. Help!

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 19:23:57 -0600

I am running two systems.

One is a 32 bit Fedora 12 system.  I run

 dispwin -I xxx

where xxx is the location of the desired profile.  When I do this
the file .config/color.jcnf changes

dispwin -L is in my .bash_profile

Then I can logoff, shut the machine down, whatever and when I log back
in, the calibration is in X's LUT.

Another is a 64 bit machine now running Fedora 13.

When I do the same thing, I find after I'm back in that the calibration
has not been loaded.   Moreover, the color.jcnf is an old one from 2009,
and
dispwin -L
tells me it failed to get the display's current ICC profile.

I have to do dispwin -I over again.

I also removed color.jcnf, and after I ran dispwin _I, it was not
created again, at least in .config.

What is going on?

Added later:

Some googling yielded the solution.  dispwin -I creates a .jcnf in .config
which tells dispwin -L what to do.  But this was left out of the Fedora version
of argyllcms.   Actually,  I may have been the one who discovered this
originally.  In the past, when I found out about the problem,  I stopped using
the Fedora version but took it directly from the Argyllcms website.  That was
why it
worked on my old system.

But in setting up my new system, I took argyllcms from the Fedora distribution,
so the same problem cropped up.  I am really sorry to see that the Fedora
packager still hasn't fixed the problem.
--
Leonard Evens len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University