[argyllcms] Re: I seem to be losing the installed LUT in X or someting along those lines. Help!

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 08:06:17 -0700
On 2010 Jul 29, at 7:58 AM, Graeme Gill wrote:

> What's the point of removing a duplication that isn't
> a duplication - it's actually different, and that difference
> is crucial to the correct operation of the software.

This is the point that all the Linux redistributors have been missing. Graeme
has forked these libraries. If the Linux people really want to be ``correct,''
then they need to recognize that there's an Argyll-specific fork of them, and
treat them as separate libraries with Graeme as the upstream maintainer.

Or, since nobody else is using Graeme's forks (that I know of), take the easy
route and treat Argyll as a monolithic entity an don't let yourself worry that
there's some copy / paste duplication of some code with other projects.

Cheers,

b&