[argyllcms] Re: I seem to be losing the installed LUT in X or someting along those lines. Help!

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 00:30:13 +1000

Roland Mas wrote:
  Ah, damn.  Well, so much for Argyll on Debian GNU/kFreeBSD then (and
Debian GNU/Hurd, but I'm not sure many people will miss it there :-).

You can still compile it by #undef USE_LIBUSB1 to use libusb V0.1.
Given the BSD usage, I'll refrain from removing the libusb V0.1 code
until libusb V1.0 supports it.

  Yep, $XDG_DATA_DIRS with a fallback on $XDG_DATA_HOME sounds like a
good idea.

OK - I'll see if I can slip it into the V1.2.0 release.

  1.1.1 packages in Debian use the libusb0 that comes with Argyll.  If
the patches to libusb1 that are not merged upstream aren't too
intrusive, I'll try feeding them to the libusb1 package maintainers;
otherwise I'll keep using the built-in version.

My codebase has diverged somewhat from the "official" libusb V1.0,
(or rather, it has diverged from the point I started modifying it),
and my code is also in advance of it's current state, since I've integrated
MSWin libusb0.sys kernel driver support. It might be a while
until the official package has the same level of functionality. Another
factor is that testing and fixing USB with all the instruments on all the
platforms is an onerous task that I'm not in a hurry to repeat.