[argyllcms] Re: I don't understand the -u option

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:05:24 +1100

Leonard Evens wrote:

dispcal -v -yl -qh -t6000 -b125 -g2.2 -p .7,.5,.6 -u TargetX -o TargetY
TargetX.cal was updated, but nothing else changed as best I can tell.

See <http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/dispcal.html#u>. Note that
any options other than the quality setting will be ignored if
you use -u, since you are requesting an update to an existing
calibration. I have no idea why you think this will be any
assistance in changing the gamma.

One other question.
I am using an Eye One Pro. Each time I use it, I am asked to calibrate it, which I do using the appropriate holder. If I make repeated attempts,
one after the other, is it okay to skip the calibration step?

Yes, that's what the -N option is for.
See <http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/dispcal.html#N>