[argyllcms] Re: Hutchcolor targets

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 10:08:47 +1000

Daniel Chaffe wrote:
Sorry, I see that I missed the description of the .cht format in the
documentation folder.  I'll have a read through that and see what I
can learn.

That should be enough to let you have a go at it. There are two
example .cht files provided in the ref directory, it8.cht was
created by scanning and running scanin -g, then hand editing,
while ColorCheckerDC.cht was created completely by hand.
You need to be careful of the syntax, since the code
is quite simple, and therefore not very forgiving.
The usual thing is to try the .cht file out on a real
scan while generating the recognition diagnostics,
to see how well/not well it is working.

Another approach that may work for some charts, is to create
a print test chart that imitates the chart you want to recognize
(ie. same layout, relative size & spacing of patches, similar
 test colors), and then to use printtarg -r -S to generate a .cht
file that is setup for that chart. This is only going to be
worthwhile if one of the printtarg instrument output formats
can be made to match the chart though.