[argyllcms] Re: Hutchcolor targets

  • From: "Duane Hall" <dchaffe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 01:03:21 -0500

On 8/10/07, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Daniel Chaffe wrote:
> > If anyone else would like to work on making a Hutchcolor .cht file for
> > argyll, here is a scan of the target and the reference file that goes
> > with it:
> >
> > http://www.geocities.com/d_chaffe/hutch667dpi8bit.zip
> > http://www.geocities.com/d_chaffe/6630-6659ref.zip
>
> Attached is a Hutchcolor.cht that works with the above example.
>
> Graeme Gill.

<attachment snipped>

Thanks.  This gives me a better profile than two other programs I
tried, both of which were unusable due to severe posterization.

If this .cht were to be used with a Hutchcolor target from a different
batch, am I right that one would need to change the list of expected
XYZ values?

I applied the argyll profile to a Granger Rainbow, and it seems normal
except for some oddness in the blues.  Is this something to be worried
about?  I haven't noticed the effect in any real-world images.

http://www.geocities.com/d_chaffe/grangerrainbowcopy.zip

Daniel