[argyllcms] Re: How wide is the colour gamut covered by dispread?

  • From: "Gerhard Fürnkranz" <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 12:08:26 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 06:49:10 -0700 (PDT)
> Von: Stephen T <stwebvanuatu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> An: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Betreff: [argyllcms] How wide is the colour gamut covered by dispread?

> On my "crap" display it seems to oversaturate, trying to make
> colours that are impossible.

Just to make sure that I didn't misunderstand you:

Does it look oversaturated/clipped when you use a color managed workflow,
applying the profile you've created for the display?

Or do sRGB images look oversaturaded, if you display them w/o color management
directly on the display?

[In my previous answer I was assuming that you mean the former - the latter
would rather indicate that the display has a rather large gamut]

Regards,
Gerhard

http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger01