[argyllcms] How to verify image software color display result with argyllCMS/DisplayCAL and a colorimeter?

  • From: 房轶臣 <fangyc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 13:46:16 +0800

I recently calibrated 2 LCD monitors of 2 PCs each with an X-rite i1 Display Pro. But I'm not sure if the software I used is producing the correct color display. I tried an sRGB photo and opened them with different methods, and they showed different results.

The software is:

 * Windows 10: RawTherapee preview with system profile or none, Gimp
   with with system profile or none, ACDSee Viewer, FastStone image
   viewer, latest Firefox with color management enabled, windows
   builtin Photo viewer (no color management I think)
 * Ubuntu 16.04.5: RawTherapee preview with system profile or none,
   Gimp with with system profile or none, Firefox 56 with color
   management enabled, builtin EOG, desktop wallpaper.

The Windows was calibrated with i1Profiler from x-rite website, and the Ubuntu was calibrated with DisplayCAL 3.7. All of test showed 2 different results, even the same software with same settings showed different results on different OS. So I want to make sure which software on an OS with which setting is showing the correct color result. Can I use argyllCMS or DisplayCAL and a colorimeter to achieve this, such as open a standard color image with one of the software and measure it?

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any
accompanying attachment(s)
is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential
and/or privileged of
Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of
this communication is
not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing,
disclosure or copying
is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.If you have received this
communication in error,please
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message
and all copies from
your system. Thank you.