[argyllcms] Re: How to test display homogeneity?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 12:32:18 +1000

Jürgen Lilien wrote:
My main concern is the homogeneity of the panel, so I will
take a measurement of the brightness and color of a central
reference point and then determine the deltaE variance over
the whole display area with several other readings.

What is the best way to accomplish this task with Argyllcms?

There's no specific function to test this, but one method would
be to combine dispwin with spotread (this is easier if you
have a second display to see what's going on).

Simply setup your test window (ie. dispwin -P xx,yy,ss -m)
and use spotread -d or spotread -e. If you measure your central spot,
use r to save the reference, and then simply make your
other readings around the screen. You will get absolute
deltaE. You can log your output to a file
if you supply a filename, and then use a spreadsheet
on the result. (If it were a CRT you would need two displays
and to fill the display under test with a single uniform
test color. You will probably get away with repositioning
the test window on an LCD)