[argyllcms] How to prepare photos for use on uncalibrated monitors

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 12:09:31 -0500

I generally do my photoedting under Fedora using gimp.  The results look
pretty much the same on different monitors I've calibrated and using
different color managed viewing programs.   Recently I've become the
"official" photographer for an organization I belong to, and I produce
lots of photos which I give to the organization to use.   They display
them on our website as well as using them in brochures.

I would like to continue the photoediting  under gimp, but it would help
if I had some convenient way to produce alternate versions which might
appear reasonable on uncalibrated monitors.

Any advice?
--
Leonard Evens len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University