[argyllcms] How to go from negative scan > darkroom reproduction (with spectral reading of darkroom print)

  • From: Derin Korman <derin.korman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 19:03:21 +0000

Can I use device link profiles, or some other way, to go from the scan of a
negative to an approximation of what I get in the darkroom?

I had the idea that I could photograph colorchecker sg,
scan that negative using a characterized device,
print the same negative in the darkroom and read it with i1pro
and then here on I am a bit lost as to how to proceed.

a)Take scanned image into working space, invert RGB values and use a LUT or
Devicelink profile to bring it to the the darkroom paper reproduction. In
this case, how to make the said LUT or Devicelink

b)Go all the way from scanned image, inverting it before any color
transformation, generate a profile by using the readings of the darkroom
paper as reference data on the image. I fear this one is going to go wonky
fast.

cheers,