[argyllcms] Re: How to create .sp files with an i1 Pro?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 10:04:08 +1000

Ben Goren wrote:

I'd like to play with using my i1 to create an .sp file to feed to
profile as  a custom  illumination spectrum. I'm guessing  I'd use
spotread -a to make the  measurement...but how then do I translate
that into the proper format?

If you fit the i1's ambient "filter" and use:

  spotread -s -a -H readings.txt

You'll find that readings.txt is setup reasonably well
for cutting and pasting into an existing .sp file
(not very automatic I know, but I didn't want to
 deal with letting people choose which reading
 they wanted to use in spotread).

If you're going to point the instrument more specifically at
a light (I wouldn't point it at the sun though!), or use
the SpectroCam trick of bouncing the light from a piece of
white polystyrene foam, use something like:

  spotread -s -e -H readings.txt