[argyllcms] Re: How to access spectral sensitivity data of i1DisplayPro

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 13:16:47 +0300

I think you need to use jam.exe, you may call it right from ArgyllCMS source
directory by full path.
Before calling jam.exe, you need to set up MINGW path to MinGW base directory
(where MinGW bin directory is containing) as requested in error message. As a
parameter use -f Jambase. The Jambase is a file in sources directory. If you
have enough free CPU cores, use -j parameter to make the compilation more fast.

Hope this helps.

Вторник, 13 октября 2015, 9:45 +02:00 от Patek <patek@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi, Thanks to your guidance I made some progress but due to a problem
with jam I am not there, yet.

Here is what I did:

I installed two MinGW packages:
mingw32-gcc
msys-base (for 'make' command)

I downloaded
http://www.argyllcms.com/ajam-2.5.2-1.3.3.zip

followed guidance in README

   Mingw:
     set JAM_TOOLSET=MINGW
     make -f builds/win32-gcc.mk

This produces jam0.exe and /bin.ntx86/jam.exe. Which one is to be used
with Argyll?
(compiling help page refers to jam0; README file refers to jam.)

Rather than renaming and moving the file (jam0 or jam) to another
directory (as indicated in the
compiling help pages) I kept the name and added the folder to my PATH
variable.
If name and location are critical then please indicate what to use.

Then I
cd to Argyll_V1.8.2

set JAM_TOOLSET=MINGW

jam0
This produces:
"Compiler is GCC with Mingw
Jamfile: No such file or directory
...found 7 targets<s>..."

If I cd e.g. into /gamut/, then jam0 produces dozens of error messages;
see at bottom of this text.

Executing jam (not jam0) yields:
"on NT, set BCCROOT, MINGW, ...."

Help page on compiling Argyll talks about "Jambase".
I do not know if this applies also to the pre-patched version I used.
If so, then I do not know what argument to give to the -f option.There
is no file 'jambase'.

I have a Windows 7 64 bit system.
Thank you for your help.
Compiler is GCC with Mingw
warning: unknown rule NNoUpdate
...found 100 target(s)...
...updating 7 target(s)...
Link viewgam.exe
gcc: error: libgammap: No such file or directory
gcc: error: libgamut: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../icc/libicc: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../cgats/libcgats: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../xicc/libxicc: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../rspl/librspl: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../plot/libplot: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../plot/libvrml: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../numlib/libnum: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../numlib/libui: No such file or directory

gcc -o viewgam.exe viewgam.o libgammap libgamut ../icc/libicc
../cgats/libcgats ../xicc/libxicc ../rspl/librspl ../plot/libplot
../plot/libvrml ../numlib/libnum ../numlib/libui

...failed Link viewgam.exe ...
Link smthtest.exe
gcc: error: libgammap: No such file or directory
gcc: error: libgamut: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../icc/libicc: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../cgats/libcgats: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../xicc/libxicc: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../rspl/librspl: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../plot/libplot: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../plot/libvrml: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../numlib/libnum: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../numlib/libui: No such file or directory

gcc -o smthtest.exe smthtest.o libgammap libgamut ../icc/libicc
../cgats/libcgats ../xicc/libxicc ../rspl/librspl ../plot/libplot
../plot/libvrml ../numlib/libnum ../numlib/libui

...failed Link smthtest.exe ...
Link GenRMGam.exe
gcc: error: libgammap: No such file or directory
gcc: error: libgamut: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../icc/libicc: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../cgats/libcgats: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../xicc/libxicc: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../rspl/librspl: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../plot/libplot: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../plot/libvrml: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../numlib/libnum: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../numlib/libui: No such file or directory

gcc -o GenRMGam.exe GenRMGam.o libgammap libgamut ../icc/libicc
../cgats/libcgats ../xicc/libxicc ../rspl/librspl ../plot/libplot
../plot/libvrml ../numlib/libnum ../numlib/libui

...failed Link GenRMGam.exe ...
Link GenVisGam.exe
gcc: error: libgammap: No such file or directory
gcc: error: libgamut: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../icc/libicc: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../cgats/libcgats: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../xicc/libxicc: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../rspl/librspl: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../plot/libplot: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../plot/libvrml: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../numlib/libnum: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../numlib/libui: No such file or directory

gcc -o GenVisGam.exe GenVisGam.o libgammap libgamut ../icc/libicc
../cgats/libcgats ../xicc/libxicc ../rspl/librspl ../plot/libplot
../plot/libvrml ../numlib/libnum ../numlib/libui

...failed Link GenVisGam.exe ...
Link maptest.exe
gcc: error: libgammap: No such file or directory
gcc: error: libgamut: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../icc/libicc: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../cgats/libcgats: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../xicc/libxicc: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../rspl/librspl: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../plot/libplot: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../plot/libvrml: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../numlib/libnum: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../numlib/libui: No such file or directory

gcc -o maptest.exe maptest.o libgammap libgamut ../icc/libicc
../cgats/libcgats ../xicc/libxicc ../rspl/librspl ../plot/libplot
../plot/libvrml ../numlib/libnum ../numlib/libui

...failed Link maptest.exe ...
Link fakegam.exe
gcc: error: libgammap: No such file or directory
gcc: error: libgamut: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../icc/libicc: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../cgats/libcgats: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../xicc/libxicc: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../rspl/librspl: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../plot/libplot: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../plot/libvrml: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../numlib/libnum: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../numlib/libui: No such file or directory

gcc -o fakegam.exe fakegam.o libgammap libgamut ../icc/libicc
../cgats/libcgats ../xicc/libxicc ../rspl/librspl ../plot/libplot
../plot/libvrml ../numlib/libnum ../numlib/libui

...failed Link fakegam.exe ...
Link surftest.exe
gcc: error: libgammap: No such file or directory
gcc: error: libgamut: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../icc/libicc: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../cgats/libcgats: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../xicc/libxicc: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../rspl/librspl: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../plot/libplot: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../plot/libvrml: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../numlib/libnum: No such file or directory
gcc: error: ../numlib/libui: No such file or directory

gcc -o surftest.exe surftest.o libgammap libgamut ../icc/libicc
../cgats/libcgats ../xicc/libxicc ../rspl/librspl ../plot/libplot
../plot/libvrml ../numlib/libnum ../numlib/libui

...failed Link surftest.exe ...
...failed updating 7 target(s)...

Patek wrote:

Hi,

Hello, I was wondering how to extract as a text file the device-specific
spectral
sensitivity of the i1DisplayPro which is saved by x-rite into the EEprom.
When I looked
into the source code of Argyll cms, I found the file i1d3.c which contains
functions to
read and decode the EEprom. Spectral sensitivity is printed/saved if
certain preprocessor
variables are defined.
Yes.

But then I could not proceed. The Argyll binaries have no executable for
i1d3.
No - it's one of many source files that are linked to form an executable.

Also, the file i1d3.c has no main function. So if I compiled the file (I
would need to
install a C compiler in Windows, first) nothing would happen. Also, I
cannot write a main
function myself because it is not clear how to set the arguments when
calling the
read/decode EEprom functions. A text search for the string "i1d3.c" in the
Argyll source
code files shows no other matches.
The i1d3 specific code fits into a wider framework. It can't do anything
on its own.

Florien Hoech
recommended that I contact the Argyll CMS mailing list. He also suggested
that compiling
the whole of Argyll with the preprocessor variables set to 'defined' might
do the trick.
Correct.

But maybe I can avoid this route since I am no software expert (even though
I can read
code a bit) and Graeme himself indicated on his help page that compiling
Argyll under
Windows can be challenging. Any help from you would be greatly appreciated.
It takes a little setting up, although isn't too hard using mingw or one of
the
free Microsoft compiler packages. The trick is to compile a working copy
of Jam first. You could also compile it on a Linux system as an alternative.

Graeme Gill.

Николай Похильченко