[argyllcms] Re: How to access spectral sensitivity data of i1DisplayPro

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 14:08:13 +1100

Patek wrote:

Hi,

Hello, I was wondering how to extract as a text file the device-specific
spectral
sensitivity of the i1DisplayPro which is saved by x-rite into the EEprom.
When I looked
into the source code of Argyll cms, I found the file i1d3.c which contains
functions to
read and decode the EEprom. Spectral sensitivity is printed/saved if certain
preprocessor
variables are defined.

Yes.

But then I could not proceed. The Argyll binaries have no executable for i1d3.

No - it's one of many source files that are linked to form an executable.

Also, the file i1d3.c has no main function. So if I compiled the file (I
would need to
install a C compiler in Windows, first) nothing would happen. Also, I cannot
write a main
function myself because it is not clear how to set the arguments when calling
the
read/decode EEprom functions. A text search for the string "i1d3.c" in the
Argyll source
code files shows no other matches.

The i1d3 specific code fits into a wider framework. It can't do anything
on its own.

Florien Hoech
recommended that I contact the Argyll CMS mailing list. He also suggested
that compiling
the whole of Argyll with the preprocessor variables set to 'defined' might do
the trick.

Correct.

But maybe I can avoid this route since I am no software expert (even though I
can read
code a bit) and Graeme himself indicated on his help page that compiling
Argyll under
Windows can be challenging. Any help from you would be greatly appreciated.

It takes a little setting up, although isn't too hard using mingw or one of the
free Microsoft compiler packages. The trick is to compile a working copy
of Jam first. You could also compile it on a Linux system as an alternative.