[argyllcms] How to access spectral sensitivity data of i1DisplayPro

  • From: Patek <patek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 09:59:30 +0200

Hello, I was wondering how to extract as a text file the device-specific spectral sensitivity of the i1DisplayPro which is saved by x-rite into the EEprom. When I looked into the source code of Argyll cms, I found the file i1d3.c which contains functions to read and decode the EEprom. Spectral sensitivity is printed/saved if certain preprocessor variables are defined.

But then I could not proceed. The Argyll binaries have no executable for i1d3.
Also, the file i1d3.c has no main function. So if I compiled the file (I would need to install a C compiler in Windows, first) nothing would happen. Also, I cannot write a main function myself because it is not clear how to set the arguments when calling the read/decode EEprom functions. A text search for the string "i1d3.c" in the Argyll source code files shows no other matches.

PS: I posted this question in the dispcalgui sourceforge forum first. Florien Hoech recommended that I contact the Argyll CMS mailing list. He also suggested that compiling the whole of Argyll with the preprocessor variables set to 'defined' might do the trick. But maybe I can avoid this route since I am no software expert (even though I can read code a bit) and Graeme himself indicated on his help page that compiling Argyll under Windows can be challenging. Any help from you would be greatly appreciated.