[argyllcms] Re: How many patches?

  • From: "Greg Sullivan" <greg.sullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 04:39:19 +1000

Roger,
Yes, rather than muck around slowly increasing the number of patches, I
decided to increase the number of patches significantly. And, assuming
that the 2200 is as at least about as non-linear as the 9600/7600,
from what Bill Atkinson says, 3000 is still nowhere near enough to really
do a good job with a convential profiler. :)

Now, you know what question I'm going to ask you - what driver (RIP?) did
you use which allowed you to profile in CMYK?  (I assume you're bypassing
Epson pseudo-RGB driver, and have a driver which is directly controlling
the individual CcMmYKk inks?)

Greg.