[argyllcms] How do I improve a profile?

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 11:10:13 -0500

I made a profile for my Epson 3880 printer with premium photo glossy
paper.

It does reasonably well, but the print is a bit too dark and the blue in
the sky too intense.   I am using photoprint with gut enprint to print.
I think I can fix the density by changing it slightly in the gutenprint
settings, but  I am not sure about the color.   I seem to remember
something about blues being a special problem.

There are probably instructions in the documentation telling me how to
evaluate the profile and then improve it, but I haven't found them.
Could someone give tell me where to look or what to do?

--
Leonard Evens len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University