[argyllcms] Re: How do I create a linear luminance LUT?

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 14:57:13 +0200

Hi, which version of OS X are you using?
Under 10.7 "Lion" it seems to be necessary to run the Argyll tools that need access to the video LUTs with sudo to be able to override the current system profile (even if just clearing or loading a calibration).

Am 07.07.2011 02:28, schrieb Geoff Ghose:
Yes, it's OS X. After creating the calibration, I install it.

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 7:25 PM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Geoff Ghose wrote:

        Yes, I've been doing both a profile and calibration. The
        luminance I'm
        interested in XYZ. And when I do a calibration with a target
        gamma of 1.0,
        and then do report on calibrated monitor (using DisplayCalGUI) I
        get the
        native gamma, not 1.0.

    Hi, dumb questions but:
       Are you setting the calibration before you do the spotread check ?
       (ie. with dispwin).

Florian Höch