[argyllcms] Re: How can I raise the maximum brightness of this display calibration?

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 08:22:16 -0500

The only way to leave brightness alone in a calibration situation as yours
is to increase maximum blue luminance. Since that is not possible, because
your panel is somewhat worn-out, then the only way to obtain D65 white point
chromaticities is by lower a combination of max blue and red luminance,
either in hardware or in software.

Best / Roger