[argyllcms] Re: How can I generate an abstract profile from the delta of two input profiles
- From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 16:55:13 +1100
Aram Hăvărneanu wrote:
I want to create either a 3DLUT, or an abstract profile that encodes
the same transformation as the one achieved by changing the input
profile. I don't know how to proceed further. I am a programmer and
can write code, but I don't really understand CMSes very well.
Can this be done? I suppose one way to do it would be to generate
test images, sample them and feed them to Argyll's refine tool, but
there has to be a better way.
In principle I think you could try this:
* Create a set of test patches in your image RGB space using targen (a few
* Convert them to L*a*b* values using icclu with one of your input profiles,
the one you
are intending to use as your default or reference transform.
* Do the same with your other input profiles, and save them as variant sets.
* Use refine -c -g to create an abstract profile with the variant as your
and the reference as the current.
* Interpret your images using the reference input profile, then apply one of
the abstract profiles.
Not sure if it will work in practice, but on paper it seems like a feasible
Other related posts: