[argyllcms] Re: Help setting up argyllcms on new machine

  • From: Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 09:35:02 +0000

On 4 February 2011 01:46, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (One thing to keep in mind is that the Gnome Color manager
>  might be stuffing everything up. If so, I'd be interested
>  to know if this is the case.)

Quite possibly. By default in F14, GCM will create a ICC profile based
on the EDID data and use that by default, if not other profile is
known to GCM. But in that case, GCM also should populate the
_ICC_PROFILE atoms, so I'm a little confused myself what's going on.

If it is GCM causing the problems, you have three alternatives:

* Uninstall the gnome-color-manager package
* Disable "Color Manager" from the things that get started in the
default gnome session
* Drag and drop your ICC profile to the GCM prefs window and set it as
default for the monitor

Obviously with the latter you probably want to disable the dispwin script.

Richard.