[argyllcms] Re: HTML

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 16:04:52 +1100

robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Checking to see if HTML works on freelists.  And what about images?

Hi,
        attachments of limited size will get though, but HTML is generally
a bad idea - it's hard to manipulate, may be rendered in unexpected
ways or not at all with some mail readers (I won't see it for instance,
because I keep HTML rendering turned off in mail as a rule),
is a spam indicator, and it is hard to quote in replies.

In general it's best to minimize message sizes by sticking to ASCII
and using links to anything other than small attachments.